A practical but also somewhat hypothetical question.
If one was setting up a consultation of members for a major change to our Constitution what would be the key activities and how long should be allowed for doing this.
We would probably need to include:
1. Briefing of Council Members and Regional Representatives at ICE
2. Meetings in local Regions (including overseas) to explain proposals and receive feedback
3. Parallel briefings / webinars on the internet
4. Feedback discussions and consensus building
5. Develop final plan for presentation to members and to vote on with anticipated clear mandate for final changes
My personal view is that with a clear sense of direction the above would be hard pressed to be achieved in less than 12 months.
Thoughts of others most welcome - pessimists and optimists alike!